Terms & Conditions of Use
Copyright and trademarks
Copyright in the material and trademarks on this Site are owned by Hire Now Pty Ltd (“Hire Now” and “Jora Local”) unless otherwise indicated and you agree not to infringe any intellectual property rights owned by Hire Now.
Information for personal, non-commercial use only
You agree that information contained on this Site is for personal use only and may not be sold, redistributed or used for any commercial purpose (this includes but is not limited to the use of Advertiser contact details for unsolicited commercial correspondence). You may download material from this Site for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Our prior written consent.
Information does not represent professional advice
You acknowledge and agree that information published by Jora Local is intended to provide general information in summary form on legal and other issues.
Jora Local does not endorse or recommend any of the jobs opportunities advertised on its Site and Jora Local strongly recommends that prior to entering into any agreement with any of the Advertisers on the Site, that you obtain your own independent legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Site or on the internet generally.
In no event will Jora Local be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from the Site.
No guarantees of job vacancy
Jora Local gives no guarantee to you of the continued availability of any particular job advertised on the Site and will not be liable to you should an Advertiser have filled the vacancy at any time prior to removal of the advertisement from the Site.
Whilst Jora Local takes efforts to ensure that jobs advertised are for actual job vacancies, it gives no guarantee to you that every job advertisement represents an actual job vacancy.
No guarantees or endorsements of sites or services we link to or that link to us
Jora Local provides links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties from its Site. Such linked sites are not under the control of Jora Local and Jora Local is not responsible for the contents (including the accuracy, legality or decency) of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Jora Local is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Jora Local of the linked site. Jora Local is not responsible for the copyright compliance of any linked site. Jora Local will not be liable for any damages or loss arising in any way out of or in connection with or incidental to any information or third party service provided by any third party.
No guarantees as to the service
Jora Local provides no warranty to you that the services generally available through its Site will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected. You also understand that Jora Local cannot and does not guarantee or warrant to you that files available for downloading through the Site or delivered via electronic mail through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
Our rights to use information you send us
Jora Local does not claim ownership in any ratings, reviews, company information, comments, opinions or text (“Content”) that you submit on our Site when we give you the opportunity to provide feedback on our services, but to be able to use this Content we have to have certain rights. By submitting any Content to Jora Local, you grant to us an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicenses) to use, copy, perform, display, create derivative works of, and distribute such Content in any and all media (now known or later developed) throughout the world, and to display your company name and logo alongside the Content you submit. You warrant this Content is original work and not covered by any copyright or similar restrictions. No compensation will be paid with respect to the Content that you post through Jora Local or our use of your company name or logo. You should only submit Content to Jora Local that you are comfortable sharing with others under these terms.
No guarantees as to security of your information
While Jora Local takes all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information you provide, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed by a third party while in transit over the Internet or while stored on Jora Local systems or on Jora Local’s Site. Jora Local disclaims all liability to you to the greatest extent possible pursuant to law should this occur.
Your responsibility for your password and login
To become a registered user (either as a jobseeker or an Advertiser), you must provide a password and a login name. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password and login name. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your login name. You may change your password at any time by following instructions. You may also change your login by contacting customer service. You may also delete services attached to your registration at your convenience.
You agree to immediately notify Jora Local of any unauthorized use of your login name or any other breach of security known to you.
No misrepresentations allowed
You agree that it is a condition on your use of the Jora Local Site and of any other services provided by Jora Local or through the Site that you will not through any act or omission (including but not limited to creating a profile on the Jora Local Site) mislead or deceive others.
If any part of this agreement is held invalid that part shall be severed from this agreement and the remainder of this agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable.
Termination of this agreement will not end those provisions that are capable of surviving the ending of this agreement.
The laws governing this agreement will be the laws in Victoria, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of its Courts and its Appellate Courts and the jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Australia sitting in Victoria.
For the purposes of this agreement the words “Hire Now”, “Hire Now Pty Limited”, “Jora Local”, “We”, “Our” and “Us” refer to Hire Now Pty Limited (operating under the name Jora Local) and “Site” to materials delivered on www.joralocal.com and www.joralocal.com.au and http://local.jora.com and other co-branded versions of the site, and “Advertiser” refers to a person or business who places an advertisement on the Site.
Jora Local’s commitment to maintaining your privacy
Jora Local’s Privacy Statement has been created because we value our users and recognise their right to keep personal information private.
This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information you disclose to Jora Local through your use of any products on the Site (as defined below), including but not limited to, becoming a registered user, creating a Jora Local Profile and submitting job applications.
Where used in this Statement, the terms “personal information”, and “Australian Privacy Principle(s)” have the meaning attributed to that term in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 (“Privacy Act”).
This Statement has been prepared by Hire Now Pty Ltd operating under the trade name Jora Local (“Jora Local”).
Jora Local owns and operates the website located at www.joralocal.com and www.joralocal.com.au and http://local.jora.com (across desktop, mobile, tablet and apps and including any subdomains) (“the Site”). This Statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Site.
In this Statement, any reference to “Jora Local”, “we”, “us” and “our” includes a reference to Hire Now Pty Ltd, its wholly owned subsidiaries, and its related body corporates.
Visitors of the Site who do not create an account are referred to generically in this Statement as “users” or “you”.
Users who obtain services offered by Jora Local are referred to as “Registered Users”. It is a requirement to become a Registered User in order to use the services offered by Jora Local. Unless the context provides otherwise, references in this Statement to “users” or “you” include references to generic users and Registered Users.
Collecting information on Jora Local visitors
Jora Local collects non-personal information on Site visits including, without limitation, which sections of the Site are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information, and may be shared with Jora Local partners to provide them with information relating to how Jora Local visitors ‘use’ the Site. This is done for the purpose of providing you with the best and most efficient career management services.
Jora Local’s web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services, and to monitor the use of our Site.
Cookies & Applets
Users who do not wish to have cookies active whilst they browse the Site can “opt out” by modifying the privacy options in your browser. However, doing so will prevent access to some areas of the Site and limit your use of some of the Jora Local services.
In addition to the above, where users access the Jora Local iPhone or Android mobile application (“Jora Local App“) we use third party software development kits (SDK’s) and services which collect non personal information relating to your use of the Jora Local App, including tracking of app installs and re-engagement. This information is used to tailor and measure advertisements to install and/or use the Jora Local App which appear on third party sites/apps and are targeted towards users’ usage preferences.
Users who want to opt-out from the collection and usage of information for advertisement targeting can do so by adjusting the ‘Ad Tracking’ settings on their mobile device. By opting out from ad targeting Jora Local and its third party providers will not use the collected information to target ads to you, however the information collected may continue to be used by Jora Local for, amongst other things, estimation of user numbers, advertising fraud detection and debugging.
Third Party Measurement
In order to better understand our users, Jora Local utilises third party measurement companies to assess Site and mobile Site traffic. A tracking code is used to collect the following information on the usage of the Site:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on Jora Local;
- The number of unique visitors to Jora Local;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on Jora Local when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points into Jora Local.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to Jora Local to assist in analysing the usage of the Site. This data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies, for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet websites.
Collecting information on Jora Local Registered Users
As part of registering with Jora Local, we collect personal information about Registered Users in order for Registered Users to take full advantage of Jora Local’s services. To do this it will be necessary for Registered Users to provide additional information to Jora Local.
Becoming a Registered User allows you to take advantage the Jora Local services offered on the Site. To become a Registered User you will need to submit the following personal information: your name, residential address, mobile phone number, email address and a password / PIN. The information provided by you when you register will be used to create a Jora Local Profile. You may access your information at any time in the ‘Profile’ section of ‘the Site’.
Jora Local will use this information in order to customise the service we provide to you. By undertaking the registration process you consent to Jora Local contacting you via SMS and or email to confirm your registration has been successful.
Jora Local Profile
A Jora Local Profile may include: your contact details; your photo; employment history and preferences; visa information; information about your education and any certificates you hold; and other information which you provide us to help determine your suitability for jobs. When Jora Local determines that the information contained in your Jora Local Profile makes you a suitable candidate for a position advertised on the Site, your Jora Local profile (including your photo, should you choose to upload one) will be released to the relevant Advertiser who may contact you directly in relation to the relevant position advertised on the Site.
Jora Local Advertisers and Online Applications
By setting up a Jora Local Profile you are requesting that Jora Local pass the information you provide to the relevant Advertiser or a potential advertiser and/or their nominated representative, and you consent to the Advertiser or a potential advertiser contacting you directly (by phone or SMS) in relation to the relevant position advertised. Any questions you have relating to a position advertised on Jora Local, your online application and/or the status of your application should be directed directly to the Advertiser or their nominated agent, not Jora Local.
Advertisers that place job ads on Jora Local are asked by Jora Local to comply with all relevant obligations relating to the use and disclosure of personal information that are outlined in the Privacy Act. The use of your information (personal or otherwise) by these Advertisers or potential advertisers is not within the control of Jora Local and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these companies.
You have the right to directly contact Advertisers to request access to any personal information that you have sent as part of an application or that has been provided to them as part of a Jora Local Profile.
Jora Local will also retain this information in order to customise the service we provide to you.
Communications from Jora Local
Jora Local also provides you with selected information about job seeking, job placement and career-related topics in email communications including in our email newsletter ‘Jora Local News Update’. From time to time Jora Local may also contact you by telephone. Jora Local may also make Registered Users aware of additional products and services which form part of your relationship with Jora Local. Registered Users may ‘opt-out’ of receiving emails from Jora Local in the Profile area of the Site, otherwise users may opt out by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in the footer of an email received.
Jora Local may also disclose your personal information to Jora Local’s service providers and contractors from time to time but only for the purpose of assisting us to deliver the products and services we offer to you.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
Jora Local takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system and to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Jora Local allows you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date. Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality and privacy of any personal information held by Jora Local. Except in the case of breaches of our obligations under the Privacy Act to protect your personal information, Jora Local will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information.
You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Site. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
Access to Your Information
You are able to change, update or disable your Jora Local Profile at any time by logging in to ‘Profile’ of the Site. You can also request your personal information directly from Advertisers who you have applied to via the Site.
Sometimes, we transfer or disclose information to 3rd party contractors including to persons and businesses outside Australia. These transfers are made in order to assist us to provide you with the products and services we offer you. Where we transfer information to persons outside Australia we take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of such information do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to that information.
Feedback and Complaints about privacy and the Jora Local website
Jora Local welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Site. Jora Local stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the service we provide and may be shared with Jora Local partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
If you have any complaints about our dealings with your personal information including any breaches by us of any Australian Privacy Principles or any questions regarding this Privacy Statement you are able to submit that complaint or query by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post using the methods detailed in the “Contact Us” paragraph below.
Any complaints received by us will be referred for prompt investigation by our compliance team and a written response will be provided to you as soon as possible.
Should you not be satisfied with the resolution of any complaints made you are able to seek further redress through the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au/ for further information).
Privacy & Site Changes
From time to time, Jora Local may review and update its Privacy Statement. Revised versions will be updated on the Site.
If you have any feedback or questions about this Statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with Jora Local, you can contact us in the following ways:
User Help Desk
Hire Now Pty Limited
Level 1, 541 St Kilda Rd,
Melbourne, VIC, 3004
Provision of Copy of Privacy Statement
If you require a hard copy of this Privacy Statement or a copy in some other format to suit your particular needs please contact us using any of the methods detailed in the “Contact Us” paragraph above, and we will arrange for a suitable copy to be provided to you.
These terms and conditions (“Terms“) govern all Advertisers (defined as “Advertiser“, “you” and ” your“) that:
- have placed an advertisement (the relevant ad) on www.joralocal.com or www.joralocal.com.au or http://local.jora.com; and
- have utilised any features of the Site or Jora Local’s Products offered through the Site.
Your access to and use of the information, materials and services provided on this Site is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the Terms.
Depending on what level of service you choose, there may be other terms that govern your relationship with Jora Local in conjunction with these Terms.
The Site is owned and operated by Hire Now Pty Limited, operating under the trade name Jora Local defined as (“Jora Local“, “we“, “us” and “our“).
Your continued use of this Site will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms by you.
Variation of Terms
- Jora Local may vary these Terms at any time. If Jora Local varies these Terms, it will provide notice by publishing the varied Terms on the Site.
- You accept that by doing this, Jora Local has provided you with sufficient notice of the variation to its Terms.
- All amounts owing to Jora Local will be debited from your nominated credit card at the point of purchase of Jora Local products or services.
- You are obliged to pay for the services that Jora Local agrees to provide you with regardless of whether you utilise or fully utilise those services. If you do not provide Jora Local with the necessary materials or information for Jora Local to deliver these services to you, you are still liable to Jora Local for full payment.
- Payments using American Express or Diners Club credit cards incur an extra charge of 3.02% (including GST) for American Express, or 2.46% (including GST) for Diners Club, of the Jora Local payment amount. The rates are the same that Jora Local is charged by American Express and Diners Club.
- If you do not pay your account on time Jora Local may disable your account without notice and refuse to supply further services to you.
- You agree that pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), Jora Local may obtain from either a credit reporting agency or other credit providers personal credit information about you and/or your directors or a consumer credit report about you for the purpose of collecting overdue payments relating to commercial credit owed by you.
- You agree that Jora Local may disclose this information to a credit reporting agency or any other interested person.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Jora Local retains all intellectual property rights subsisting in any of the goods and services provided to you by Jora Local.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
- Jora Local provides no warranty to you that services generally available through the Site will be uninterrupted or error free. Except where we are unable to exclude our liability by legislation, we, our officers, employees, agents and contractors will not be liable in any way to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however it arises (whether in contract, tort including negligence, or otherwise) out of or in connection with your access and use of the Site.
- In the case of goods or services supplied or offered via the Site, liability for breach of an implied term which cannot be excluded by legislation, is limited at our option to either, the supply of the goods or services (or the equivalent goods or services) again or the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
- Our limitation of liability under these Terms applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages that you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profit, business interruption or the loss of data or information, even if we are informed of their possibility.
- Jora Local accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors in your advertisements and you must check your advertisements for errors as soon as they are placed on the Site.
- Jora Local agrees to use reasonable efforts to publish advertisements in the shortest possible time.
- Jora Local cannot and does not guarantee or warrant to the you that files available for downloading through the Site or delivered via electronic mail through the Site, or features and products available through the Site, will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
- Jora Local acts as a medium through which individuals seek employment opportunities. Jora Local does not vet, nor is it responsible for vetting, candidates or the representations made by them whether oral or in writing – including those representations appearing in candidates’ resumes.
Changes to the Site
- Jora Local reserves the right at all times without the need to have to provide any notice to you, to alter the functionality and/or appearance of its products and services available from Jora Local or the Site itself, including but not limited to advertisements on the Site and/or as they are represented on mobile communication devices.
- You warrant and agree that:
- you have the legal capacity and power to agree to be bound by these Terms and perform the obligations under them;
- advertisements and other works posted on the Site do not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- all files delivered to Jora Local will be free of infection or viruses;
- you will not use the Site for any illegal purpose;
- you will not use the Site or any features of the Site or products offered on the Site to upload, download, transact, store or make available data that is unlawful, harassing threatening, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libellous, abusive violent, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise in our opinion objectionable or damaging to Jora Local, the Site users or persons generally;
- if applicable you have complied with your obligation under clause 49 of these Terms.
- You may not assign or transfer any rights and obligations pursuant to these Terms to any other person or entity without Jora Local’s prior written approval (which will not be unreasonably withheld). If you are a company, any change in your effective control shall be deemed an assignment for the purpose of this clause.
- You indemnify and will keep indemnified Jora Local, its officers, employees and agents against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, actual or contingent costs, damages and expenses incurred by Jora Local in connection with:
- any breach of these Terms or the Product Terms by you;
- any negligent act or omission by you;
- the listing or proposed listing of any advertisement by you on the Site or any related site; or
- an actual or alleged breach by you of any law, legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances or codes of conduct which occurs a consequence of the your advertisement appearing on the Site.
- You agree at all times to deal with any information or products provided by Jora Local or accessed from the Site in a manner which abides by all applicable laws of Australia, or of any other relevant jurisdiction (including, without limitation, privacy and copyright laws).
- Except as otherwise permitted under these Terms, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from this Site including code and software.
- You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on another website or in any other publication), without Jora Local’s prior written approval.
- You may not use the Site to post any pyramid scheme on the Site and you also may not ask or require any candidate to pay a fee, charge, cost or any money whatsoever to apply for any job advertised on the Site whether such fee, charge, cost or money is asked or required of the candidate in the job advertisement itself or in any communication with the candidate that takes place as a result of a job advertisement placed on the Site.
- You may not use any feature of the Site to send any unsolicited commercial electronic messages to candidates, whether individually or as a group. Candidate management tools may only be used to communicate with candidates in accordance with the relevant product terms.
- You must not release to the public any news release, advertising material, promotional material or any other form of publicity relating to Jora Local without Jora Local’s prior written approval.
- Any advertisements acquired by you from Jora Local must not be on-sold or supplied by you to third parties
- If you breach either or both of clauses 28(a), then Jora Local, in addition to its rights under clause 61, reserves the right to charge you the highest published price for each advertisement, placed by you on the Site in breach of those clauses and terminate your account, without refund.
Misuse of candidate data, and on-selling
- Any ‘personal information’ (within the meaning of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) of any candidate that you obtain through your use of the Site or any features of the Site or products offered on the Site (including candidate profiles received by you) must only be used by you in relation to your genuine employment and/or recruitment activities.
- Selling or offering any services or any products (such as learning or educational courses or tools) to candidates whose personal information you have obtained through your use of the Site (including job applications received from candidates) is considered by Jora Local to be a misuse of candidate data, and is prohibited.
- You may not under any circumstances provide any candidate personal information you have obtained through your use of the Site (including job applications received from candidates) to any other party, including to any affiliate or related party of yours (unless Jora Local has otherwise consented to this). This restriction on forwarding personal information applies irrespective of whether you receive direct financial benefit for doing so.
- Jora Local takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) extremely seriously, and is resolute in its determination to prevent the misuse of candidate data. If Jora Local believes that you have misused candidate data for any reason, Jora Local reserves the right to:
- immediately suspend or terminate your account, and/or suspend or terminate the account of any party that has received candidate personal information from you in breach of these Terms;
- report any potential contraventions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) by you to the relevant authorities, including the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner; and/or
- take legal action against you seeking any number of remedies provided by law, including the award of monetary damages.
- You must ensure that all advertisements posted to the Site comply with all applicable legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances and codes of conduct, including but not limited to the:
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) including but not limited to section 31 of Schedule 2 which requires that if you are a company you must not mislead persons seeking employment as to the availability, nature, terms or conditions or, any other matter relating to the employment opportunity being offered;
- Fair Trading Acts in all applicable States and Territories;
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles;
- Estate Agents Acts in all applicable States and Territories;
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 (Cth); and
- all anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation applicable in the State or Territory in which you do business.
- You must adhere to the principles of truth in advertising set out in the RCSA’s Code For Professional Practice.
- You are not permitted to insert links to an external website or an externally hosted application form:
- within the details of a job ad;
- from within Jora Local’s job application process;
- within or from a previously approved externally hosted application form;
- within any communications with a candidate
without Jora Local’s express written approval which may be granted withheld or withdrawn at Jora Local’s discretion.
- You are not permitted to promote or refer to brands other than those associated with your business, (or a business operated by a related party to you):
- within the details of a job ad (including from the apply functions);
- from within Jora Local’s job application process;
- within or from a previously approved externally hosted application form;
- within an employer/company profile; or
- within any communications with a candidate
without Jora Local’s express written approval which may be granted withheld or withdrawn at Jora Local’s discretion.
- You may only post Advertisements to the Site that are in respect of a genuine employment opportunity that is current as at the time of posting the Advertisement, and for which you are currently recruiting. Jora Local reserves the right to request any information from you that it deems necessary to verify that a genuine employment opportunity exists.
- You may not post advertisements to the Site to any location outside of Australia without Jora Local’s express written approval. Jora Local reserves the right to charge you our then applicable standard casual rate for any advertisement posted to any such location in breach of this clause.
- You must ensure that advertisements posted to the Site are posted to the appropriate category of the Site. It is your responsibility to ensure that you familiarise yourself with the advertising requirements of each available category on the Site to ensure appropriate placement of advertisements.
- Advertisers must ensure that all information entered into any data entry field, as part of the advertisement classification process, relates directly to the relevant data field category. Jora Local reserves the right to amend, alter or remove any information that does not meet this requirement.
- Jora Local reserves the right and Advertisers must accept as a condition of advertising on the Site, Jora Local’s right to re-classify advertisements posted to the Site, entitling Jora Local to withdraw advertisements from one category of its Site and to re-publish advertisements in another category on the Site.
- Standard job advertisements are valid for 14 days, although you can choose to expire the advertisement earlier.
- The following actions constitute a new/additional job advertisement:
- copying a job advertisement;
- reposting an archived or deleted job advertisement;
- extending a job advertisement (“Extending”) which adds 14 days to the life of the advertisement unless you choose to expire the advertisement earlier and this can occur on multiple occasions;
- changing a zone classification and refreshing any job posting. Refreshing is the process of deleting and re-posting the same or substantially similar job advertisement;
- posting advertisements on Jora Local via a bulk data import process or changing a job advertisement reference number. If you are using a bulk data import process, you must ensure that you understand the effect bulk data importing may have on Extending advertisements as Jora Local will count all new/additional job advertisements against your account and will invoice you accordingly.
- Changes to job advertisement body copy and advertisement title or location, work type, classification and sub-classification categories do not constitute a new job advertisement, regardless of the method used to post the advertisement.
Licence to use data
- Except for information that is ‘personal information’ (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)), all data stored on the site on behalf of the Advertiser is owned by the Advertiser, and not Jora Local.
- The Advertiser hereby grants Jora Local a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to use any stored data to:
- manage internal reporting requirements;
- collate statistical information about use of the Site and submission of online applications;
- analyse user behaviour on the Site;
- obtain and analyse high level trends and prepare reports relating thereto; and
- generally improve the candidate user experience.
Hardware & software
- It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to ensure that it has the necessary computer hardware and software systems in place to access and utilise the Advertiser Centre.
- Jora Local reserves the right to terminate your agreement with Jora Local if you post any advertisement or utilise any feature of the Site or Jora Local Product in any way which is in breach of any of these Terms or the Product Terms. Further, Jora Local reserves the right to, in its absolute discretion, reject or remove any advertisement from the Site for any reason.
- Termination of our agreement with you as a result of you breaching any one or more of these Terms, will not end provisions of these Terms that are capable of surviving termination.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria. Advertisers irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria, and waive any objection to legal action being brought in those Courts on the grounds of venue or inconvenient forum.